Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Quora

I guess this one is more familiar to people than I realized.
What can I say.. I'm a mom and until I had this job I didn't have time to check my email much less surf the web for the latest and greatest sites!

Quora however, has become an app I now use on a constant basis.

It's a place for asking questions.
Any kind of question.

You will get responses from all sorts of people. It could be a response from someone who is in the specific profession of the topic that the question is based. Or, it could be someone who has had experience with what you are asking.. I've also had the random jerk that just thinks they know-it-all post answers. But what is a social network without all of the people in it? (Jerks and all)

I'll share an example.

I posted the question:
"Should I get breast implants before I'm done having kids."

The response has been a lot bigger than I expected!
I've gotten an answer from a board certified plastic surgeon, a man who thinks all women are beautiful and shouldn't alter themselves for anything, a mother who has friends that have had the surgery and regretted it, a medical student wanting to give me all the "facts", and others!

It has been extremely helpful to hear these people's views and made it a little easier to come to a decision.

Not all questions posted to Quora have to be so serious. But it's a great place to get some pretty honest feedback on just about anything you want to ask!

-You can also follow your facebook friends.. which makes it a little more fun :)

www.quora.com

No comments:

Post a Comment